Friday, June 20, 2008

(Long Overdue) House Update

It’s been a while since I’ve had a house update with everything else going on. Three months after we moved in, here’s the latest:

My two new flower gardens at the front of the house are doing fabulously and make me smile every time I pull in or walk out the front door.

I have a design plan in place for the main area in the front of the house under the windows. C and I have discussed what we want and will be making a trip to the nursery soon.

On the inside of the house – while most has remained the same - we are ready to begin the rest of the work. C finished decking the attic last week so we can finally get all the boxes out of our lives and put up there whether it’s indefinitely, for the holidays, summer/winter clothing or simply the stuff that will be there temporarily until we finish our dining and living rooms (need to be painted).

This weekend my goal is to get all those boxes staged and lined up in the two other bedrooms for (near) future attic placement. Then we can set up both bedrooms and the upstairs (sans curtains) will be complete! (oh and we have to paint the upstairs bathroom).

So we’re getting there. Slowly but surely. And now that the only house we have to worry about is our own, it should be a no-brainer. And yes, of course, I found myself driving by Nana’s house the other day just to see what was going on and it was a lot of work taking place inside (they had the doors open so I could see in).

That’s that. Tomorrow I’m spending the day at my mom’s and Sunday I have a jewelry party (thank goodness I haven’t had any jewelry business in two months being so busy and all).

But now I’m back in the groove and ready to take it all on!

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow-you've accomplished a lot in a short time. And I'm envious of your flower gardens, being that I sport a black thumb, and always have. Post photos soon!

Tim said...

One piece of advice: use clear plastic totes for all attic storage. They have two benefits, you can see the contents and they protect against leak damage in the event one develops. If you're really into organizing, you might want to label each box specifically. Instead of "Christmas", you might try "Christmas tree skirt, stockings, garland, and lights".

We did this in our garage and it makes a world of difference!

Best of luck!

Gal on the Go said...

Great minds think alike Tim! This weekend when we finally got all the boxes out of the bedrooms and up to the attic they were all in plastic totes (to protect the contents) and with my trusty Sharpy I was super specific with marking them on both sides as to exactly what the contents are :-) should definitely make it much easier. We had already made the d

boredgames said...

Love the girly blog... "Happiness is my new Coach Bag"
This is the most adorable blog page. 200?? Wow girl! You go!