Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthdays, Reunions (or Where the Hell Does the Time Go?)

Here’s one for you. My (gulp) 20th high school reunion is Oct. 3. I have no idea where the time has gone. (actually I don’t know what’s worse – turning 38 on Thursday or realizing I’ve been out of high school for two decades!)

Since I graduated from a small Catholic high school for girls, my class was rather small – 38 to be exact (hmm, same age I’m going to be Thursday – interesting). The way they do reunions is they do the “all alumnae reunion” inviting everyone to the event from all classes, with special recognition to the actual reunion classes for that year. They don’t have it at a hall or hotel or anything, they have it at the school. Which when I was younger I wasn’t so keen on the idea, but now that it’s been more than two decades since I walked those hallowed halls, I think it would be nice to go back, take a look around and see how everything changed.

A group of us got together and went to our five-year and had a really great time and then spent the rest of the night drinking Mai Tai's and eating Chinese food at a local haunt. For the 10th, rather than going to the reunion, a group of us went into Boston for dinner and had our own reunion (even though at the time we did manage to get together at least once a year). But the 20th is a different story and there’s been a lot of discussion and a lot of debate as to what the game plan will be for that night

I’ll keep you posted.

P.S. I’m upgrading my digital camera for my birthday this year. I’m thinking it’s going to be the Nikon ND40 – check it out here.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Liz! I hope you have a great 38th year! I, too, went to a Catholic HS (although one with a class a lot bigger than yours) and I haven't been to a single reunion. Can't wait to hear about yours.

Gal on the Go said...

Thanks so much Kristi! I'll definitely fill you in on the reunion. Going to be so different then the ones my friends all go to who graduated from large schools! Nice to know we both survived Catholic High School! Hope you're doing well. Did I tell you? I have a girlfriend who is also have twins - she's due in October!