Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm Back

What can I say - it’s been a very long month so blogging had to take a backseat, but now that the fall is upon us (have I mentioned this is my absolute favorite season) I'm back in the game.

August saw my birthday, a bunch of family parties, trips to NH, Nikki’s bachelorette party and the nearing completion of our living room (room has been painted, furniture should be delivered in a couple of weeks).

It’s also been a month of babies, as Katy welcomed her baby girl on Aug. 15 and another girlfriend of mine is set to deliver twins in about a month.

Put simply, it’s been busy.

But in the midst of all the craziness at home and at work, I finally decided to pull the trigger. After nearly a seven years hiatus from dance classes, I found two near my new house and started this week. Two days a week I’m now back in the studio and enjoying every second of it. I’m definitely sore – as it’s been years, but I figured with more than 20 years experience behind me I should be back in shape within a month. I love it, it makes me happy and I’m so glad I finally did it. I’m also meeting some new people which is great since so far I only know a couple of people in my new town and this will definitely help it feel more like home.

I’d type more but I have two issues that need to ship here at work in the next two days, along with a 2009 editorial calendar that has to be finished, 2009 assignments to be handed out and a budget to balance.

I’ll be in touch.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

How great that you're starting dance again! I've been wondering if you'd blog again.

Gal on the Go said...

Thanks Kristi. Now that things have settled down I'll definitely be back to my blogging. Hope you're doing well. I can't believe pretty soon you'll have two new little ones!

ThePapaDog said...

Can you still dance and smoke at the same time???