Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gearing Up for the Weekend

So in case you all haven't heard yet, I'm going camping this weekend. Yes, me. It's my first foray into the trend of sleeping in a tent, on the ground, outside. While part of me is very excited to finally try this (though if you asked me a year ago I would have said "absolutely not!") there is a part of me that honestly does not know what to expect.

I'm sure it will be fun - the company at least will be enjoyable. It's just that my idea of camping has always been anything lower than a four-star hotel. Call me pretentious, call me what you will, but as a kid I never did the camping thing.

Sure I was sent off to camp. But that was tennis camp where we lived in dorms and were treated as if we were in boot camp - awoke every morning to the sound of an airhorn under the door just after 5 .m., up and in the cafe by 6 a.m. and on the courts all day until 4 (which is why we were discovered from having milk products for breakfast as they had the potential to "curdle in your stomach" while being in the hot sun all day. Tennis camp I could handle. Sleeping outside, in a tent, not so sure. But I'm trying it anyway, what's the worst that can happen? Oh, and please don't tell me.

At the very least I'm sure I'll have some great stuff to report when I get back along with some photos. Until then ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Hugs and Kisses from Cat and A4
Now fill us in about your weekend plz

Gal on the Go said...

Thank you so much! Oh I will definitely fill you in! Just have to get a spare moment to update and of course I have lots of photos to share, as well. I'll try to give you a call in a bit, super busy :-)