Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Return of Scott Baio

I can’t believe I’m going to admit this but here goes. My entire childhood and teenage years I was obsessed with Scott Baio (aka Chachi on “Happy Days,” “Joanie Loves Chachi” and Charles of “Charles in Charge.” I love the guy. Thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread – man, with that face what else was an impressionable young girl to think?

That being said, I, the former dues paying member of the Scott Baio fan club, (the only fan club I ever officially belonged to by the way) started to fall a bit off his fan wagon as he got older and started his long string of “relationships.” Pam Anderson, Heather Locklear, Denise Richards, just to name a few.

But then this afternoon, I came across this information thanks to the always up-to-the-minute Web. Scott Baio is about to star in his own reality series on VH1! – "Scott Baio is 45 … and Single.” No surprise here – he’s the quintessential bachelor.

But back to the show. Well, it’s about him being single, finding himself in a mid-life crisis, wondering why he’s “still single, alone and still unable to settle down and commit to a substantial, meaningful relationship.”

I’m in. After all you all know I have a penchant for bad reality TV, but bad reality TV about my former favorite TV star from childhood – how could I not tune in.

It premiers July 15. Now the only problem is trying to not let C see that I’m adding it to my current frightening list of reality TV programs on the DVR. Katie and Peter was hard enough to justify, but this?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am not ashamed to admit that I had a crush on Scott Baio too, when I was about 10 years old and watching reruns of Joanie Loves Chachi.

This show, though,oh dear. Scott, Scott. What's happened to you?