Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Time for a Break

Believe it or not it’s been nearly ONE FULL YEAR since I’ve taken a vacation from my job. I was actually ordered months ago by my boss to take some time off – but that certainly isn’t an easy task in the publishing business, but I finally found a way to do it. I literally have one week during the month of August when we aren’t shipping an issue, so I’m sliding in my vacation there and I couldn’t be happier.

I can spend my days reading what I want to read, not gallies upon gallies of copy that needs to be edited. I can choose to have a mid-afternoon glass of vino or indulge in olives and cheese for lunch. I can pick up and go wherever I want, whenever I want during the course of the day without wondering if anyone is looking for me. I can leisurely wander through stores browsing (and of course shopping) instead of my usual lunch-time rush through TJ Maxx (that’s all I have for clothing retail near work) at lightening speed.

So bring it on – vacation here I come. Now to get through the next two and a half days of work and get this current issue out the door!

2 comments:

sabina said...

enjoy your vaca :)
-sabina

Kristi said...

Ahhh... vacation. You're probably sleeping in at the very moment I'm writing this. I hope you get lots of rest, and enjoy the finer things in life!