Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Forging Ahead

Now that everything is all said and done the realization that we have to be completely moved out of our house in less than a month has finally hit me. C, too - though I'm sure he realized it immediately, I tend to get distracted and forget about such important issues.

So while we continue to search for our new home, our priority now is to get packing and decide what's coming, what's going to storage and what's going to trash. We also have to decide what to bring with us for our temporary housing - which incidentally is back to my grandmother's house until we find the new home and close on it. Though we won't need much since mostly everything is there and we won't be there too long (fingers crossed).

In my only way to stay focused I've been making lists and planning on spending a minimum of one hour each night packing my stuff and getting everything organized. That way when it's time to move, mostly everything has been done and at the very least all my crap is taken care of. I don't have to even worry about C - he's so on the ball, but I don't want to be the progress parachute and have us scrambling because I couldn't get my act together. (Anyone who has been through the moving process with me before - Jenn, Sarah, Kerri, Lindsay, Becky - you all know what I'm talking about) And no worries this time gals - I've got it all under control and all you'll have to do is come over for a little wine and check out my new digs when we finally move in :-).

I'm off to get some boxes and get started. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hello? I also helped you move!! Remember going through your grandmother's basement?? I am OFFENDED you forgot!!! :( WHAMMY.I want some credit, darn it!

Gal on the Go said...

Sorry! I totally forgot - I just moved so many times it's hard to keep track of it all. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

Moving is such a pain, but packing is even worse. Good luck with the process, and keep your eye on that elusive prize-your new home!