Monday, September 10, 2007

When the Going Gets Tough ...

Work is kicking my ass today. I'm not sure if it's because instead of coming in at 7:30 this morning (which is great bec it gives me a good hour and a half to get a lot done without anyone bothering me) I got here at 9:30 (bec I wanted to be there when the broker came this morning) or if it's because I worked so hard all weekend, but I thought I'd take a moment to write in an effort to clear my head and make better sense of things.

So the house is about 90 percent ready for showing. All framed photos have been taken down and boxed up. All cards which live on the mantle have been boxed away as well. The mantel is decorated sparingly, as is the table in our front hall, the table in our upstairs all, my desk, the dining room (you get the idea). I boxed up four boxes of books to make my bookcases more appealing to the eye, and managed to purge a bunch of stuff at the same time. I even spent some time in the yard tossing my summer plants which have decided they lived long enough and cleaned up the ones that are still thriving. We tossed lawn furniture we won't be taking with us (instead planning out the new set we'll buy for our new yard and deck).

This morning, after meeting with our broker, we did realize we still have a few more things to do and for me that means mainly organizing my closet - God help me. She said it's good that she can see the width and depth of it, but any boxes on the floor need to be moved, along with the disorganized piles of clothes climbing to the ceiling on the left side. Well C went out and rented a storage unit so we started putting stuff over there today so I'm thinking as much as I dread the idea, I think some of my clothing and shoes (gasp!) may have to go there. Not so bad considering I already sent all the summer clothes there. We'll see. Still a lot to do and only a day or two left to do it!

Now to wrap my arms around what's happening here at work and hopefully in a few days I'll be able to breathe and again enjoy this experience of finding a new home!

No comments: