Friday, December 15, 2006

Thank God It's Friday!

Thank God it's Friday - I never, EVER, thought it would get here. What a week. I took the day off Monday to make a major dent in my packing and purging in advance of moving. My girlfriend from college was on vacation so together we spent nine hours getting rid of everything I had that honestly I didn't need. The worst part was when I moved last time (three years ago) I did everything in two weeks. Packed a seven room apartment, plus a basement, and since I didn't get any time off from work at that time basically everything was thrown into boxes and transferred here. While it worked at the time, it totally came back to bite me in the ass on Monday. Because you can't exactly toss boxes you haven't opened in three years without going through them first. All I can say is thank God they make shredders.

Not only that, but everyone who knows me knows I'm totally camera happy and that was pretty evident as well. I actually have one giant rubbermaid container full of loose pictures and more than 10 photo albums. Totally out of control - but looking forward to going through those as a winter project after all the moving is over and done with.

So while the bulk of my day was spent doing all this, I did manage to pack all my stemware. Now I know I'm the quintessential entertainer so I expected to have more wine glasses than the average gal, but who knew I also had nearly 20 martini glasses, will I ever use these? Will they fit in the hutch in my new dining room with my other stemware and china? I guess I won't know until I make the attempt. Luckily we have a closet with shelves in the dining room which could be a very nice home for all the glasses otherwise - poor C, as much as I know I'm not bringing a lot of stuff, it's pretty evident I have a lot more than I thought I did. At least on that end.

Monday passes, I survive, am relieved and made some super progress - thanks Jenn! Tuesday night I had my work Christmas party - and I'm pooped but have a great time nonetheless. And the following night had a birthday party dinner with my family for Cat's 30th in Dedham. Let's just say last night there was no way I was up for anything, including the laundry that really had to be done. I came home, went to Craig's, took a shower and indulged in my TV and some catching up on my magazine reading.

Relaxing? yes, but with work this week - we have the biggest issue in the history of the magazine - I'm totally spent. Just have to get through today and working at the store tonight and I'm home free! Can't wait until Sunday, I plan on being totally lazy - which is always the plan, but instead of getting ansy as I usually do and taking on a big project, I have to use all my power to make sure I rest - after that only four more days to finish up our January issue at work pick up some last minute Christmas gifts. I can't believe Christmas is just over a week away!

That's my update - now to blowdry this hair and get to work!
L

No comments: