Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fears Faced - Bring on the Baking!

I finally did it! Kristi – you’ll be so proud. I bit the bullet and finally decided 11 months was long enough to wait to get acquainted with my KitchenAid. And I’m no longer afraid.

I used it for the first time Friday night. My girlfriend was telling me a week ago she uses hers for everything so I figured why the hell not – I used it to make mashed potatoes. No one told me it does things in seconds that normally take me forever! I was in love!

So Sunday, after another marathon afternoon of house hunting, I settled in to make my grandmother’s German cheesecake. This was a first (although I have a vague recollection of making it years ago once but it did not come out well at all).

And since I have the counter space in my temporary kitchen, that I did not have in the old house, Little Miss KitchenAid is now always in place and ready to go. And I’m obsessed – spent the most of last night looking up recipes to make just to use it! C certainly isn’t complaining – it’s a nice treat for someone who usually does all the cooking to have me obsessed with a kitchen appliance.

Remember how happy I was when I got it for Christmas last year? (little did I know I'd be so intimidated by it that it would be almost a year before it was put to use)


Here she is – unveiled for the first time.



A work in progress as my cheesecake fixings come together.


And the finished product!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Dude, that is one of the first things I plan on registering for! My mom has one and it's awesome-o. Your cheesecake looks marvelous!

Kristi said...

Whoo-Hoo, Liz! I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it. You're going to start using it all the time now, I know it. That cheesecake looks delicious.

Sarah said...

I love this! I also got a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas 2 years ago and immediately posed for a picture with it because I was so in love. You will definitely use it all the time know - it is amazing for making mashed potatoes!