Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Can Anyone Help Me Out?

Looking for some assistance please. More than anything the one thing I really, really wanted for Christmas (besides an engagement ring of course - but C believes engagements should have their own special day) was a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer and I got it - with every cool attachment anyone could want! Did I mention it's green apple in color? I couldn't have been happier.



Two months later, it's moved from it's place under the Christmas tree to the pantry in our kitchen. Still in the box (although I did take it out twice - the day I got it and once to show my brother), waiting for a permanent home (which unfortunatly won't happen until we do the kitchen over), but more importantly it's begging to be used.

Now C did also make sure he got me some cookbooks that go with it offering all sorts of yummy concoctions that can be made with this impressive piece of machinery, I just have yet to get started.

Any suggestions on what I should make first with it to get used to using something top chefs have in their kitchens? I need to get my feet wet and then I know I will be off and running!

6 comments:

ThePapaDog said...

Order chinese takeout. I've had your cooking. :)

Don't you just love little brothers...

Gal on the Go said...

Yes, I do. That comment, not appreciated because I know for a fact there have been plenty of meals I've made that you have thoroughly enjoyed!

Kristi said...

This post rings so true with me, because last Christmas, the only thing I wanted was a Kitchenaid mixer! http://interruptedwanderlust.blogspot.com/2005/12/loot.html

Now, I'm no chef, but I say you should use it to make a yummy cake. Of course, I have a massive sweet tooth, so if you don't, maybe something a bit more healthy? Maybe bread dough?

Gal on the Go said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm almost intimidated by it :-)

Either way would be fine with me. I just need to make something - though baking is certainly not my forte unless it's pies. Maybe I should attempt a cake.

Unknown said...

Yes, make a cake and then bring it to work....on or after March 12, of course.

Gal on the Go said...

You got it - but what if I don't do it right or worse, lose a finger, that thing's industrial strength!