Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Grass is Always Greener ...

Yesterday morning I left my house to the best surprise – the landscapers finally came. Since the house we bought was in foreclosure the yard hadn’t been tended to in nearly two years. That meant the long, dead, overgrown grass that was nearly thigh high when we first saw that house late last summer, early fall – was now squished and looked like hay after spending the winter under snow that finally melted. It was desolate, but you could tell the yard at one time was a showcase (and the neighbors confirmed it). Trees lining the back fence were surrounded by brick, brick also trims several flower beds and the areas just in front of the house, along with the small Christmas tree-type trees lining the front of the house.

Last night after coming back from nana’s – where we had to take out more garbage (the garbage men must hate us) – we were so excited we were like kids going to the first carnival of the year. Then we pulled down our street and into our driveway and there it was. A perfectly manicured yard. I can’t even begin to tell you the different – but it’s absolutely beautiful and now the outside is really starting to feel like home. We aren’t done out there yet though – we have some bushes we want to plant and some mulching – and (I’m not sure if this is a blessing or a curse) but I have a lot of flower planting to do so hopefully I learned something from my experience last year as there’s lots to do and I can’t wait!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That IS a great surprise. Will you post pictures?

Gal on the Go said...

I'm hoping too - just haven't found the USB cable to download pix off my camera yet. It's in a box somewhere :-)But I'll definitely post them when I find it.

K said...

By the way - my comment about people saying the grass is always greener? Well, I put that before I read your blog, and it is NOT in reference to you!!!

Thanks for the butt, the time, the ear, and the friendship.