Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Moving/Life Update

I know I’m long overdue for a post so here’s a quick recap of what’s going on:

1. Last Monday I had to go to city hall to get stickers to dispose of all the TVs at my grandmother’s house. There were 9 total (and only 2 of them were hours). The rest were living in the garage for years. In her city, it costs you $20 to dispose of a TV so I had to buy the stickers and then call and make the appointment. C dragged them all out Monday afternoon for the Tuesday pickup and he thought we were messing with him and tied rocks to the bottom of them because they were so heavy – of course that wasn’t the case – they were just old and thus super heavy.

2. On Wednesday morning the movers came bright and early and by late afternoon we officially moved into our new house (whoo hoo!!!) and I absolutely love it. I couldn’t be happier. The boxes have had babies so there is still a lot of work to be done there. C and I spent the better part of Friday unpacking all the kitchen boxes and washing everything in our first dishwasher and thanks to my friend Jenn, she and I managed to whittle that pile down to nothing during the course of Saturday afternoon (of course consuming a bottle of wine between us didn’t hurt the cause).

3. On Sunday I met my folks at my grandmother’s house to start de-cluttering and with my mom we did a lot of that “sell this house” stuff along with making rooms that were jammed with so much look nice and spacious. Of course the garbage men this week are going to hate us, but it’s all good. We plan on doing the second floor this weekend. Fun!

4. Molly is still in the large dog cage we put her in when the movers came on Wednesday. We are keeping her in there until she’s feeling better (don’t get me wrong – it makes me very sad) but the vet actually suggested it. She only threw up once so far (knock on wood) Sunday morning. But the medication seems to be working. She’s eating much better than she has in months (or maybe even years) and she’s no longer throwing up on a daily or every other day basis.

5. C and I both came down with this horrific 24-hour bug yesterday. Thankfully I only spent a short part of the evening tossing my cookies. My poor C had it way worse than I did (though to me it was terrible because I never have a throwing up episode).

6. Work is kicking my butt – again. If you’ve followed the news you know that everything happening with the economy and so forth is affecting publishing. And thus it’s affecting what I do. Revenues are down and when that happens editorial (me) is affected in terms of page counts in my book, etc…

And that – I think – is the complete current update!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You're in your house! Congrats. I'm looking forward to pictures.

Peter said...

Hi,

I saw a question you posed on the Blogger Forum...
It seems your blog is still slow in displaying your posts, which is a pity (as the posts contain the most interesting stuff ;-) ).

- it looks your left column is loading first, and only after the RSS feeds (e.g. the celebrities' news etc..) are fetched, the blog posts are displayed. I had the same problem, and changed the template where feeds etc.. are in the RIGHT column (so the posts display first, the feed afterwards).
- check if you have any feeds, or scripts that time out. e.g. someone commented in the groups (dunno if you saw that), that you seemed to use easy-stats... So did I, until back in February, the site ceased to exist, and every load of the side column waited for a 20 second time out...

Hope this helps...

Peter.