Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sound Familiar?

Does this sound familiar?

So the first week Molly started the steroid she was taking it twice a day. She did vomit a couple of times but that was to be expected because she was just starting treatment. Then, after 7 days, we were supposed to reduce her dosage to once a day. That didn’t work – she started vomiting almost daily after the first two days. So last week she was back on the prednisone twice a day and lo and behold she didn’t throw up once in seven days. And on Saturday she was back to taking it once a day. And guess what? My cat who was enjoying lots of time spent outside of the cage she’s been held captive in, enjoying the country air of our new home, was fine the first two days, but then yesterday she threw up three times in eight hours. THREE TIMES IN EIGHT HOURS.

This morning I called the vet. Now my regular vet is on vacation until Thursday so I had to have someone pull her file, explain it to another vet on staff, and then tell me what to do and starting today she’s back to twice a day. And I have to check in with my vet on Thursday when she returns from vacation (lucky her).

Oh and did I mention I had that horrific back pain in my kidney area again for the past two weeks, and like last time I figured I really hurt it moving stuff with all the moving and cleaning we’ve been doing? Yeah no, results came back today. I have another kidney infection. What is wrong with the two of us? I know misery loves company but give me a break.

1 comment:

My Wombinations said...

UGH. You better not be at work with a kidney infection. Does your doctor have any idea how you could get two in such quick succession? That is unusual, I would think. I hope you feel better fast.

And poor little Molly:( Same to her.