Friday, April 04, 2008

Molly Update

I had to call the vet last night and she’s so good – she called me back first thing this morning. Basically here’s the scenario. Molly started her medication almost two weeks ago to help heal the inflammation she has from her Inflammatory Bowel Disease. She’s currently taking prednisone, a liquid (Metronidazole) and a Pepcid (as an antacid). For the first week she was supposed to take the prednisone twice a day and then the others once. After that first week, she was doing pretty well considering. She got sick last Wednesday morning and then not again until Sunday morning. Plus she is eating much better and her coat looks and feels amazing (although I have to admit I never noticed it before) But after that first week she’d be taking the steroid only once a day – starting this past Monday. Well that does not seem to be working. She has thrown up (the poor thing) four times this week. To else it felt like she was taking a step backward.

So I called the vet and explained the situation and let her know the only thing that has changed this week is the frequency of her medication based on her script. She called me this morning and said we should, starting today, put her back on the steroid twice a day for another full week and also change her diet. Which, if you’ve been reading this blog, I’ve changed many times, but this time we are going with prescription cat food to help with her condition.

That’s where we are at today. Hopefully it will work and she’ll be healed. My poor kitty!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Poor Molly! I hope she's better soon.