Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm back!

It’s Monday and I’m back at work after being off a week (sigh). C and I and three other couples were in Austin, Texas and I have to say we had a really great time! I’ve posted some photos below.







Now back to reality. (and a long overdue update)

Molly finally seems to be getting better. She survived the six nights being boarded at the vet while we were away and this time she got a great review. She was social and sweet and the cat I know she is, not the monster that stayed there for a weekend late last month.

I spent all day Saturday at my grandmother’s house cleaning out some more stuff that had to go and going through things with my family to determine what we want to keep versus what we are going to have the Estate guy come and take off our hands. He’s coming by tonight to do that. I swear it’s the greatest thing ever. He’ll take everything from furniture to rugs, to lamps, to clothes. Can’t beat it. We also found out after the fact of course, that he would even do a “clean out” for us, but as you know my mom and I spent a significant amount of time over there doing that ourselves. Oh well, at least we have comfort in knowing it’s all set.

Yesterday was basically gearing up to get back into the groove at work. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a whole week off so my goal was to unpack a few boxes (because in case I haven’t mentioned it – with everything going on we are still living among boxes) and then just get organized.

Oh and Kristi and Sarah you’d be proud of me. The other day I took my KitchenAid mixer by the horns and made my first cake from scratch! I have to say it came out pretty good!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You've been busy! So glad to hear Molly is better, and taking a week off is fantastic...until you have to come back. :( I've heard Austin is really beautiful.