Friday, May 23, 2008

Long Live the Long Weekend

For me it’s only a few hours until the long holiday weekend. I can’t help but love the fact my company closes early the day before a holiday or the Friday before a long weekend. It’s definitely a perk. And while I was overjoyed waiting for the weekend to be here to lounge, read, plant some flowers and just relax, I’ve managed (as always) to put a bit more on my plate then I may be able to chew.

When we leave here at noon my co-worker and I are heading to the flower center to do our annual plant buying. While last year I bought everything at once and immediately felt overwhelmed by everything I had. This year I actually have a plan. I’m going to deal with the flower garden to the right of my front stairs and then the area at the bottom of the stairs at the corner of our white picket fence. Easy enough. Two smallish projects to begin and then I’ll work my way around the house the next few weeks. Later tonight C and I are going to a fundraiser for someone he works with.

Tomorrow I have to go to my grandmother’s and pick up the few things I left behind. So I’m hoping to do that first thing. Then at noon I’m meeting a woman who owns a consignment shop in my area to bring down a load of clothes. Hold your breath ladies I’ve finally come to the realization I have more clothes than anyone could ever need. Whether it’s something I finally realized myself or whether it stems from watching my mom and dad back bag after bag after bag of Nana’s clothes’ collection – whatever is the reason I have decided to make a big dent in what I have. So far I have two contractor bags going to the Salvation Army and two for the consignment shop. She’s willing to take 30 pieces from me on Saturday and right now is looking for capris, tank tops, summer dresses, sandals, etc… Easy enough! I had two Rubbermaid containers filled with these items that simply JUST DON’T FIT anymore. Regina keeps telling me I should just go into business myself and while I’d love to there’s no way I could find the time or extra funds to open a storefront, but man I certainly wouldn’t need any inventory. That’s for sure!

Oh and planting – I want to plant mid-day Saturday, along with trying out my latest dessert recipe on C. The last two weren’t so good so maybe the third time’s the charm? (everyone cross your fingers)

Other chores on deck this lovely holiday weekend? Getting everything that’s going into the attic out of cardboard boxes and into Rubbermaid containers and determining which items will live up there permanently as those are going in first. And somehow, someway, getting the furniture I’ve chosen out of Nana’s house and over to ours.

And I guess by the time that’s all said and done it will be Tuesday morning. Did I really just get back from vacation less than two weeks ago? Because I could really use another.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

P.S. In case you’re keeping track. Molly had another horrifying vomiting episode yesterday when we were at work. Similar to the type she did before I started spending $100+ each month on medication. Help!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I know I'm late in reading this post, but it sounds like you've been busy! My closet desperately needs to be cleaned out too. So much stuff I don't wear anymore.