Saturday, July 05, 2008

Yard Update (Making Serious Progress)

I made it a point to use my time off to make some serious progress on my yard, and do some repair work to flooded flower gardens thanks to all the rain we've had in the northeast the past few weeks. Here are some photos (Kristi, I know you've been waiting):

This is what happens when you have a great garden and it rains for three weeks. The weeds took over and the rose bush kicked the bucket.



And here it is after I cleaned it up, removed the dead rose bush and planted another Hydrangea!



This was a big project I was putting off forever. The area along the fence. Full of weeds and things that looked like plants that really weren't.





Another before shot.


Three hours later and a giant bag of lawn trash later we have this! I also added the brick border - I found a pile of them behind the house from the previous owners. I have to admit I'm pretty darn impressed with myself right now.





And a shot of the staircase. More flowers damaged from the rain.


As well as some up close photos of my new blooms.






This is the next project. Then the yard is complete. I'll have an update as soon as I find the energy to finish this.

4 comments:

katyc67 said...

Wow! Looks fantastic, very professional. I love the brick border.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I love hydrangeas. They're so full and dreamy...

Kristi said...

Oh, gorgeous! I love the hydrangea. It's one of my favorite flowers. I am so impressed with your green thumb!

Nikki said...

Your yard is YOURS now!!! How exciting! And I agree with Katy, loooove the brick border!