Tuesday, July 18, 2006

He's Just Too Good ...

I've made a promise I won't get too personal on my blog because there are some, if not most, aspects of my life that it wouldn't be right to share with the entire world. That being said, I have to say my wonderful boyfriend, who I adore more than anything in the world, really knows how to brighten a girl's day.

He has this impeccable timing in terms of sending flowers. Sure he's sent them to me at work on my first day and on Valentine's Day, but he also tends to send them "just because" which make me turn into a super gushy 16-year-old every time.

Tuesday was no different, Paul, our mailroom guy comes by my office with his usual "what have you done now?" and presents me with my latest surprise. Two dozen Gerbera Daisies (my absolute favorite by the way) in a myriad of colors. I believe I actually squealed with delight. OK, I admit, I did, people told me.

He just really knows how to make me feel special and on the other hand, he inadvertently really knows how to make others look pretty bad. At least two of my male co-workers came by today with a look followed by a comment of, "man, he makes me look real bad." But no worries - what your wives and girlfriends don't know won't hurt them - but God help the male counterparts of my female work associates, I'm sure they are likely to hear an earful.

Aren't they beautiful?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's the best... well almost the best ;p

ThePapaDog said...

The flowers are beautiful. It's too bad the vase does nothing for them. Next time tell Craaaaaaaig to splurge a little more for a better vase. Cheapskate!!! Ha Ha!!!!

Gal on the Go said...

The vase is my fault. I have a few of them in my office so I just use whatever I have when the flowers come. Personally I think the vase is fine. It's simply stated and thus doesn't take away from the flowers themselves :P