Friday, May 04, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?

So, it's always been a dream of mine to have my own house, my own yard and thus my own garden of sorts. And now, thanks to C, I have all that. While he already planted a tulip border along the fence, along with two rose bushes, my goal this weekend is to turn our lovely backyard into a haven for me to relax, read and entertain. But first things first, I need to plant some flowers.

The thing is - I've never done this. I've re-potted plants, so I can't imagine it being any harder than that. I just hope I don't kill anything. We have two window boxes on our shed - where I'm hoping to plant some flowers. I also want something in large pots near the stairs to the back door and in the corner. Course if I'm going to the backyard, then I guess it's time to pick up my hanging plants for the front porch - I love this even more as we have four hooks and a really good size porch.

Oh and because I am my dad's daughter, or as C calls me, "Little Big T," I'm going to try to grow tomato plants too. That, plus the fact I LOVE tomatoes.

Now, from all of you. The yard is full sun all day long so I need some help. Any idea as to what would be the best types of flowers to plant out there? I'm heading to buy the flowers in the morning so any tips you can offer up today would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post again this weekend with "before" and hopefully "after" photos for all of you!

Until then...

4 comments:

ThePapaDog said...

Last time I checked it was still C's house and yard.

You need to keep dreaming... :)

Poison Ivy works well this time of year!

Gal on the Go said...

Man, you are tough! It's technically his house but it's our home. And if poison ivy works so well I'll be sure to show it to you when you come visit :-)

ThePapaDog said...

I like to put it on my tongue!

Gal on the Go said...

I'm sure you do - sick!