Monday, April 30, 2007

Snapfish Help

Not sure if this has ever happened to anyone, but it's totally freaking me out and was always one of my biggest fears. I went into my Snapfish account this morning to order the prints I uploaded over the weekend and guess what? It doesn't recognize my user name and password. So I, of course, click on the forgot my password link, and discover that, according to Snapfish, my e-mail address is not registered. Of course it's registered!!! I've had the account for more than 3 years!!! and, AND - have years of photos on there - most of which aren't backed up anywhere else. I am not pleased. I sent them an e-mail wondering if they can help me out. I'm just hoping, and PRAYING, that they are having a technical issue and it will all work itself out. Fingers (and toes) crossed!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh God. I feel for you. I use snapfish too, but haven't encountered this problem. I'm sure this has happened to their customers before though. Your pictures won't be lost forever.

Gal on the Go said...

Thankfully they weren't WHEW - turns out they were performing "system maintenance" and that's why it was temporarily unavailable. But man, that was scary!

Anonymous said...

Snapfish is the worst company on earth and you should never use them. It is 3 days to Christmas and there is no sign of any of my orders that I placed 3 weeks ago. Snapfish is to be avoided at all costs. I am learning the hard way today as I try to figure out what to do to salvage my gifts.