Thursday, January 03, 2008

Home Sweet Home

The house is ours. Our offer was accepted over all the others (it was an out and out bidding war on this property - which is grossly under priced). The P&S will be signed in the next day or two and barring nothing we can't handle doesn't come up in the home inspection we will close in early February and it will be ours. I can't bring myself to get too excited yet. It's a town I'm very unfamiliar with but the location isn't bad, and it's a nice, small town. Maybe it's because the whole house hunting process has been such a grind (totally burned out). Maybe it's because we made so many offers and had nothing to show for it in the end. Who knows.

But this house has to be some type of sign. It was the house that started the entire house search oh so many months ago. It was one of the first we saw, but then it disappeared from the radar. The fact it came back on the market as a foreclosure within hours of us walking away from the other house has to mean something. I am a bit excited, but honestly I will not be completely excited when all is said and done, when all the T's are crossed, all the I's are dotted and the moving truck is pulling into the driveway. Then the fun begins (furniture shopping, picking out paint colors (who am I kidding, I've already determined what will be done in each room, etc...)

Here's a look for those of you who haven't seen it. (Did I mention it's only 3 years old!)

No comments: