Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Love, Love, LOVE Our New House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't express it enough! I'm absolutely in love with our new home and so is C. It's everything you could ever want at a great price! And the best part is it's like buying a brand new home (because of the age 3 years) - OK so it's slightly used, but who cares! Fresh carpets and some paint and it's going to be incredible. We spent hours there today during the home inspection (which went well) and we also had an environmental guy to come in and check the air quality and for any mold, etc...) It's a three-bedroom, one and a half bath split Gambrel Cape. Waiting certainly paid off and all of you who told me when we found the right house we'd know - well we knew. :-)

Here are some pix:

Exterior Shot


Kitchen


Looking into Dining Room from Kitchen


One End of Living Room


Other End of Living Room


Fireplace in Living Room


One End of Master Bedroom


Other End of Master Bedroom


Basement (a.k.a. "Man Town")


Upstairs Hallway and Staircase


Full Bath Upstairs


Half Bath Downstairs

9 comments:

My Wombinations said...

love it!!! You must be thrilled!

sabina said...

just curious- where is the house??? Congrats to you and C.

K said...

Can't WAIT for the housewarming party! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

it looks beautiful. taking your time certainly paid off. congratulations!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! It has so much character, I love it. So different from the cookie-cutter homes around here.

Nikki said...

When's the housewarming???? I loooooooove the exterior (love that color) and it LOOKS like your house. I'm SO thrilled for you!!!!!!!

Gal on the Go said...

S - I am thrilled! I can't believe it finally happened!

Sabina - I'll email you all the other info.

Catdoggg - Thanks so much!

K and Nikki - as soon as we are in and settled (there is work we want to get done) I'll set the date and let you know.

Debbie - Thank you I agree it does have lots of character. (and p.s. I love your blog!)

And Nikki - you are right it does look like "my house" I always pictured myself in a yellow house of this style!

Kristi said...

I've been so out of the loop these last few weeks, that I'm just now seeing your beautiful new place. I love it! The color is amazing, and those hardwood floors are to die for. Congrats, Liz. I'm so happy for you.

Gal on the Go said...

Thanks Kristi! And thanks for your support during all of this. It's MOST appreciated :-)