Thursday, March 01, 2007

Good Golly Miss Molly!

Two nights ago, I awoke from a sound sleep to that sound every cat owner is aware of - the beginning sounds of a cat puking. I immediately got her off the bed, out of the master bedroom and out into the hallway before she could do any major damage. C was quite impressed - I always new I had good hearing (eyesight, not so good). Anyway so I pick it up, get the rug cleaner, everything's taken care of and I go back to sleep.

Now anyone who knows Molly knows she wouldn't be herself if she didn't have a repeat performance which she did - at 3 a.m. this morning. Exact same scenario, all cleaned up and back in bed 20 minutes later.

Well this morning C wakes me up as he's getting ready to go to work and pointed out that instead of using carpet cleaner to clean up the mess, I instead grabbed the wrong bottle (anti-bacterial kitchen cleaner) to clean the rug. I had left the bottle in the hallway rather than finding my way all the way back down to the kitchen in the middle of the night. Genious! I can only assume it was because I was half asleep and when I reached into the cabinet under the sink it felt the same as it did the night before. My bad. He did chuckle, and continued on to clean the rug with the correct cleanser before he went to work. Oh man, at least we know there is no bacteria brewing in that spot :-)

No comments: