Friday, March 30, 2007

Shopaholic with No Space to Store

While I'll continue to blog about the goings-on in my world, I've decided to focus a little more on my biggest obsession - clothes. Now I know lots of people have this problem, but those closest to me will tell you I have a serious (perhaps even commitable) problem.

The last time I moved I went from a two bedroom apartment with three closets (would you believe one bedroom actually had two?) to an apartment with barely one. That was interesting. I recently moved again, into a house with my significant other, and while three of the four bedrooms each boast their own closet, for me it still doesn't help.

I have the largest closet to house my clothing, shoe and pocketbook collection. And yet somehow it still isn't big enough. I did manage to take half the closet in another bedroom, and C discovered this week that little by little articles of my clothing are creeping into his closet (which he pulled out and put on my side of the bed last night to be moved to their personal location). Subtle. Afterall, how much room would two blazers, a blouse and a sweater really take up?

Thing is - I have a ton of clothes. To the point that I still have three containers full of clothes from the current season that still have not been put away. Two dressers apparently isn't enough room for them all.

Add to that the 35+ pairs of shoes I moved - which honestly need a closet of their own, and my 30+ pocketbook collection and I think you get the idea.

I keep hoping once I pack up all my winter gear and put it in the attic for the spring and summer it will at least open up some room for my spring and summer wardrobe. (which I love because those clothes take up far less space than my ever-growing sweater collection).

My problem is I rarely throw out clothing or shoes for that matter. You lose a button, you replace it. A zipper breaks, you replace it. And shoes - lets just say the local cobbler is my best friend. He can put on new heels, fix rips, resole - you name it - all for a quarter of the price of a new pair. Did I mention that although I'm constantly buying clothes I'm super cheap - love a sale - and then have trouble justifying either giving it away or tossing it?

You live and learn. I'm hoping to make some super progress this weekend packing some stuff away and trying to find a home for my bags. Up until a couple of weeks ago they were in a giant human-being sized rubbermaid container in my attic - but that makes it a little difficult if you want to start swapping out pocketbooks. Now they are sitting on the floor in the middle of one of our spare bedrooms. They are not happy.

Now to figure out what to do with the major shopping spree of clothing I recently went on - lets just say that stuff is still in their shopping bags. Oops!

1 comment:

ThePapaDog said...

Your ticker is so gay!!!