Friday, March 02, 2007

What Gives?

Who would have thought that after moving my cat who I have lived comfortably with for nine years, it would be like having a newborn in the house? I'm serious. The first few weeks all of you know wasn't easy on the Molly front, but now we are dealing with a serious issue. She won't let us sleep!!!!

C and I have been walking around like zombies all week. Last night was the fifth night in the row of her middle of the night antics.

She sleeps until about 2 or 3 in the morning (and you'd think she would sleep later because from the moment we go home to the minute we go to bed we make sure every 15 min or so that she is roused from her slumber wherever she is in an effort to have her sleep through the night. Then, come the wee hours of the morning, she's on the bed, off the bed, on the nightstand looking out the window, off the nightstand, on the tall chest of drawers trying to jump into the closet, out of the closet and our least favorite of all - scratching at her reflection in the mirror on the dresser! Trust me, it sounds like nails on a chalk board, multiplied of course since we are in a dead sleep. It's awful.

Aside from having to cage her at night so she can give us some peace I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have a solution? Please!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get that door on the bedroom ASAP. I can't deal with a cranky boss! =)

Gal on the Go said...

I talked to him about the door last night - but with our luck she'll start scratching at that in the night. But then again, maybe not. Either way we won't know until the door is up and that certainly isn't going to happen in the very near future so I need another solution please.