Monday, February 12, 2007

And the Week Begins...

I know, it's supposed to be "thank God it's Friday," but honestly I was really looking forward to getting back in a groove today. It was quite a weekend.

I worked Friday night at the liquor store - fun as always. My brother was sick - caught what Baby Anthony had, poor thing. Then planned on sleeping in Saturday and then heading home early afternoon to get some major stuff done around the house.

Well Anthony called me first thing Saturday morning. Him and Cat were taking the baby to Children's - he was showing early signs of dehydration and they took the best precaution anyone could ask for - being pro-active parents, rather than reactive ones. I'm happy to report having being on an IV for a few hours, he's doing just fine. You can read all about it here on Anthony's blog.

Sunday, was a day of rest, sort of. Funny, ever since I moved I haven't had time for a nap. How the heck did I find time to have one every Sunday prior? I'll never understand.

I slept in while C went to the market, then we had coffee and paper time (man I LOVE Sundays). Following a late breakfast I headed over to Nana's to check on things there and see how she was doing. And she was doing just fine. Felt a migraine coming on in the car (always a joy and quite a fearful experience when you feel your ears start to clog and ring) - popped a Fiorinal and off I went.

Then I actually got down to business, helping C with some stuff I was working on for him for his union business. Not bad - I put in nearly three hours though and don't even know where the time went.

Took a break, had some wine, took a nice relaxing tub (man why would anyone choose not to have a claw-foot bathtub?), caught up on some TV, had a late dinner made with plenty of love by C - did I mention he can cook? - and was off to dreamland by 10.

I guess I really don't have it so bad.

Now if only the weather forecasters can get their shit together and we can know for sure what's going to happy snow-wise the next couple of days ...

2 comments:

ThePapaDog said...

And don't forget about that damn cat!!!

Gal on the Go said...

Don't you worry - how could I possibly forget about that. Did I mention I'm sick as a dog today? Retribution.