Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Molly Update

I know I still owe everyone an update on Miss Molly. It's been almost a month since we all moved in together. The allergies are still an issue, C has good days and bad days, but this week we finally installed the furnace filters so we'll see how those help - I sense they actually might. In the meantime it's all about vacuuming and dusting and keeping her off the furniture, although the little bugger has been crawling into bed next to me lately. But you can't fight that fight when you're sound asleep.

On a lighter note, those little caps I had the vet put on her nails - well they grow out and fall off when the nail gets longer, and of course they also can fall out if she hits her new "downstairs" scratching post too hard - as opposed to the upstairs one. (I'll explain later). So the other night we noticed she knocked a couple off. Now in the past we've chased her, stuffed her in her box and listened as she hissed and growled at the vet while having them reapplied. I was determined that the next time this needs to happen C and I would try to handle it. How hard could it be?

Well believe it or not - I held her a good long time while C worked on getting the little caps out of the package and wrestled with the glue - which was not working so he headed to the basement to find some more. Molly, she was very content to sit on the kitchen floor with me the whole time. Then when they were ready to be applied, I simply pushed on her pads and her nail popped out and C slipped the cap on. No problem, no fighting, no growling, no hissing, nothing. Makes me wonder what that vet had done previously to upset my little girl oh so much. So that was a very good thing.

Now we have another problem - because God-forbid Molly cuts me some slack. She's up in the middle of the night doing everything she can to wake us and her latest - scratching at the mirror on my dresser in the bedroom - at like 3 a.m.!!!! It's insane!! I'd lock her out of the room bec at this rate we are like zombies, but the door isn't on the room yet (still needs to be refinished and made to fit). Ugh!!!

Any suggestions aside from putting her in her cage at night when this happens for a few hours - I would seriously appreciate :-)

But that's where we are now. There is a lot of compromise going on and really C is going above and beyond what I thought he could handle, but man it's still super stressful.

3 comments:

ThePapaDog said...

Can't wait for spring time when I can come visist and leave the door open. Or maybe a window.

ThePapaDog said...

but i'll learn how to spell visit before I come by...

Gal on the Go said...

Oh man - you are brutal (hysterically funny) yet brutal to beat!