Friday, February 16, 2007

Why?????

Tell me something. What happened to Breaking News meaning a plane has crashed, something exploded or we are at war?

When the heck did "Breaking News" become so all about pop culture?

First it was Anna Nicole Smith's death.

Followed by something else equally lame, along with updated "Breaking News" reports almost daily about Anna Nicole Smith's death.

Really folks, who cares?

And that brings me to this afternoon's "Breaking News" alert - Britney checks into rehab.

Yes folks, apparently it's breaking news when the Louisiana pop tart who has been flaunting all over acting like your typical young 20-something, decides to take control. Though personally I bet her parents had something to do with this.

Ugh - I'm being sucked in. See the problem?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Amen to that. We've become a society obsessed with sleez and celebrity (and yes, I've been know to be part of the problem) but the Breaking News over Anna Nicole Smith was just ridiculous.

Unknown said...

It said at 82 I'm going to start playing an online game and become sooo addicted to it that I will starve to death. Not a very pleasant demise I would have to say!

Gal on the Go said...

Kristi: The Anna Nicole Smith breaking news was insane, not to mention I was watching the news channels this morning and before I could even see what was happening, my mom (who was up hours before me) was right there to tell me all about how Britney Spears shaved her head. And, IT'S BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS ALL MORNING! Honestly, what has happened to our society!

Peter: Oh, Peter, no worries, the likelihood of that happening to you, I can assure you, is minimal. Now for Curtin, well that's another story :-)