Monday, April 16, 2007

What Is It They Say about April Showers?

What ever happened to April showers bringing May flowers. That's certainly not the case here in the Boston area where the forecast is a chilly 40 with rain set for every day this week.

The rain we had last night into this morning though - now that was interesting. First off they recorded 50 mile per hour winds with, as the television meteorologist said this morning, a low pressure similar to a category 2 hurricane. Need more proof? C and I woke early this mornign to the sound of crashing down our street. Would you believe it was a piece of siding from teh house next door? It was wicked. Throughotu the area lawn furniture has been tossed about like dollhouse pieces. And my commute to work, although light thanks to the holiday, was like playing a video game dodging trash barrels, fallen limbs and flooded out roads all the way in.

Give me summer! I don't need spring - I just want some sunshine, but from the looks of it we won't be seeing any of that until next weekend. My fingers are crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we lost some of our siding... so tired i slept right through it- come on mr. sun- it's time for you to shine

Gal on the Go said...

Yikes! No kidding on the weather. Did you have to work today or is it school vacation week for you?

Kristi said...

Ugh! We had snow here. Yes, snow. And then freezing rain. And now we have just regular rain. So depressing....

Gal on the Go said...

Kristi - if it makes you feel any better, up until I pulled into work this morning it was still raining, but as I got out of my car to head into the building the rain actually changed into snow! It's mid-April for God's sake!