Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Final Color Palette

It took a while but I finally have my color palette all set to go for the entire house. (with the exception of the two bathrooms - I have to narrow it down from 2 to 4 I really like)

Here is what we decided: (note: unless your computer monitor is calibrated, when you click on the links to colors they may not appear as they actually are)

I walked away from doing a cranberry tone in the dining room and kitchen. The reason is actually easy, while the room is large enough to support a deep cranberry or brick, after lots of discussions with designers and friends, I came to the conclusion it wouldn't work well with the dark wood I want in my over sized dining room table. So, for the dining room and kitchen I'm doing Benjamin Moore's Saybrook Sage. I love it!

The living room is going to be Benjamin Moore's Concord Ivory.

I'm keeping all the hallways and staircases, top to bottom, the same color: Benjamin Moore's Philadelphia Cream.

Our master bedroom will be the same color as it was in the old house: Benjamin Moore's Tyler Taupe. You can see what it looked like on the walls at the old house here.

I decided rather than do specific colors in the other two bedrooms, I would use a shade of color as the rooms are not super small but not very large either. Therefore the back bedroom will be Benjamin Moore's Lemon Chiffon. (you'll have to scroll down on the page to find this one). And the other room will be Benjamin Moore's Silken Pine.

As for the basement (aka "man town") I've decided to walk away from my original idea of a burnt orange and am now going with Benjamin Moore's Light Khaki.

The bathrooms, as I said earlier, are still in limbo though I know for sure one will definitely be Benjamin Moore's Bleeker Beige. I'm also in love with Providence Olive - anyone think this would be too dark? The other two choices I'm batting around (and have to settle on by day's end) are Elmira White and Sag Harbor Gray.

That's today's update! Please let me know your thoughts - I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments: