Monday, January 08, 2007

How Does This Happen?????

Let's explore the mystery of the missing jeans. Not an old favorite pair, but rather a pretty expensive, can't believe I fit into them - perfect "dressy enough for work" pair that I purchased a few months back at Banana Republic.

Now anyone who knows me knows I have WAY too many clothes. Fine, I know this, I've learned to accept it and live with it. Something else anyone who knows me knows is that sometimes when you have that many clothes and are living somewhere where your clothing storage is scarce, often times items temporarily disappear, only to be found again when I'm packing to move - case in point - the cute black Ann Taylor Loft shrug I bought a year ago, lost, and didn't find again until last week when I packed my second to last box of clothes.

Back to the jeans.

So these jeans, which I love, and really want to wear tomorrow for my photo shoot at work are COMPLETELY GONE! My clothes for the first time in three years are totally organized and I can tell you - they aren't at the new house because everything there has been put away or gone through. They aren't in my current place and they're not even in my overnight bag (where lots of items oftentimes disappear at the bottom). Where the hell do favorite garments go? I'll never understand.

If there was only one place left I hadn't looked - then maybe I could find them.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I once lost a beautiful silk shawl from ArdenB (muchisimo expensive) ... months later, I found it balled up in my backpack. My COLLEGE backpack, that is now used for storing spare cosmetics at Mike's.

Alas, I have your problem too. Only, change the clothes lip products. Then you got me.