Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Why Is Moving So Stressful?

Tell me, why is moving so stressful to the point that some in the medical profession actually compare it to suffering a death in the family. Seriously, I read this. It should be a joyous time, assuming you aren't being forced to move.

I am very excited about cohabitating. I've waited a long time for this and wish for nothing more (well aside from marriage and children, of course). Not to mention I'll no longer have to spend nights away from my home and live out of my trust overnight bag. I'll be settled, happy, content and no more worries. Yet I'm emotionally stressed out to the core.

I've packed more than 50 percent of my stuff (not including furniture). I've moved more than half of that already. It's not a big deal. The big stuff is done - 4 closets full of clothes with one more to go (shh - don't tell C - not sure if he knows about the one up in the attic).

Tonight I need to make some major headway - Kerri, you'll appreciate this - I'm going to take down all my art and package that up to move, along with all my framed photos (this could take all night!)

We'll see where this leaves me in the morning.

Course my biggest fear is moving Miss Molly, making sure she adjusts well, and doesn't get out of the house in her new neighborhood. I'd be devastated!

Until tomorrow ...

No comments: