Friday, January 26, 2007

Just Too Many Questions

There are so many questions with regard to Peter's death. I know when someone takes their own life you can often times find yourself questioning the motivation. Asking why but in the end the only person who can answer the question is no longer with us.

But that isn't stopping me from asking questions. And I'm not alone. A lot of people I've talked to over the past 24 hours are doing the same thing. Did he plan this? Did he intentionally take this course because he knew he was going to end his life? I have to say I can't believe he did. Did he put the gun to his temple in a joking way and accidentally engaged it? We may never know. But I'd like to. I'd like to know what the hell was so terrible that he decided living wasn't an option anymore. I'd like to know what drives people to do something so horrible.

How ofen do you read about people taking their own lives in front of others? Unless they are making a statement. You know - the ones who choose to do it in front of friends, family. But honestly, who would do that in a room full of strangers.

The bullet exited his head and grazed the instructor. That poor man. He is 60 years old, probably has a family and not only was grazed by a bullet, but watched a man end his life. The newspaper account doesn't say whether or not others were in the class. I can only assume they were. Where are these people? What do they know? Do they have Peter's final words? Any type of explanation from him? I can only hope we find out. and we may. The District Attorney's office is investigating so maybe, just maybe his family and friends and all those who knew him well could have some peace.

No comments: