Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Poor Nana

So last night I'm driving home from work and my neighbor calls. Nana fell. Apparently she took it upon herself to take out the garbage rather than waiting for anyone to get home and fell down the concrete steps into the garage. The poor thing, she landed face first and nearly broke her nose and has a nasty, now stitched up, gash in her leg. I met her at the ER right after work and she was home about 4 1/2 hours later.

It must really stink to get old and not be able to do things you want done when you want to do them. I understand the not wanting to wait for anyone to come home to handle the garbage bec afterall, who wants to look at it, but to try and do it yourself at that age is so dangerous.

On a lighter note last night and even this morning, despite the injuries she says she's in no pain. I can't for the life of me understand how but am grateful for it. If she was in pain it would be so much worse. The poor thing. She looks all battered, but says she feels fine so that's a blessing.

As far as those stairs go - age probably isn't really an issue for her falling, though certainly - I'm sure - contributed to it. They are VERY steep and there are about five of them. Your's truly here has had her share of tumbles down them at least three times in the past three and a half years. So I can totally understand how it happens.

She's just really lucky she didn't break anything and didn't do any serious harm to herself. I hope she's ok and will leave the garbage to us :-)

No comments: