Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Need To Chill

I need to chill. I know. And the first step is admitting the problem right? Let's just say the stress I've been feeling about moving is overwhelming, but after some major soul searching I've realized something - I'm putting most of the pressure on myself.

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a deadline-oriented person. Probably a good thing in my career as an editor, but the older I get the more those other deadlines - the personal life ones - are becoming a problem. I set deadlines for what I'm going to get done every night after work chore-wise. I set deadlines for cleaning, organizing, playing with my cat. It's become seriously compulsive and definitely troublesome and it's taking a toll. A toll on me and everyone surrounding me.

It's my own fault I feel like I'm drowning, because in reality I'm really not. I have no set deadline to move. I can take my time, relatively. It's me who wants everything packed, moved, unpacked and setup in my new place yesterday. It's unrealistic especially since I have a job and other responsibilities on my plate.

That being said I'm going to make a greater effor to be calm (stop laughing, frowning or making funny faces - I'm serious). I'm going to continue on the path I've been on of packing during the week and bringing a truckload of stuff over every weekend. Maybe this weekend I'll do a truck load and a CRV load. That would be progress :-) Wait, there I go again.

My goal is to have Miss Molly and myself settled in the new abode by Feb. 1. That gives me three full weeks. I can do this - that's more time than I had when I moved from Westwood and trust me (if you can believe it) when I moved from there I had at least three times more stuff then this time around.

Everything will be fine. We will be happy. We will be settled and I will be at peace.

Thanks for listening.

Oh and if anyone wants anything at all that I have - let me know now! If no one claims anything by next week - it's going to Goodwill

4 comments:

My Wombinations said...

it WILL be ok, Liz! I promise:)

Gal on the Go said...

Are you sure? Sometimes I wonder. I've been a mess and I can't figure out why :-(

Anonymous said...

NOTHING could compare to the move from Westwood! I've never seen a person through out so much stuff in my life. I was there- trust me.

Gal on the Go said...

That's what I keep telling myself :-) I STILL don't know how we did that. Course without you I never EVER would have made it through that! I keep telling everyone I need a "Lindsay" this time around :-)