Thursday, January 04, 2007

And the day is almost here

Ok friends, it's been a long time coming, but it looks like my move is imminent. Our bedroom set is being delivered in two weeks which means moving fully is upon me. I know I've been stressing, and I know I really don't have to but I'm really, really looking forward to finally FINALLY being settled in a place I'll be living for a long time to come.

Over the past two weeks I have managed to move the majority of my clothing. Two more closets full are coming this weekend, along with hopefully my china and glassware.

I have to get down to business on everything else. I already spent weeks cleaning out so much junk I couldn't believe where it even all came from. My next step is to box up the items I wanted to continue to be surrounded by until I am sleeping elsewhere, my treasured books and all my photos and other small items which will soon have a new home with more room for display.

Now if I could only get rid of the feeling of panic which again, I know is insane because it's not like I have a deadline to move out. But being a writer and all I've of course given myself a deadline to move in. Occupational hazard I guess.

Any suggestions on how to get this down without any feelings of panic and stress? I'd love to hear them though I hear moving is as stresful as a death. I swear I read that somewhere. No joke!

No comments: